Tips to Enjoy Traveling with Children to the Fullest
We are all tired, exhausted, and yes, we all need a good vacation, and abundant rest, sea and sunbathing.
It's easy for families without children as they only need to find a place suitable for their budget.
But what about families with children?
Various questions in mind:
“My baby is only 6 months old. Am I going to enjoy if I go on vacation? Or am I going to regret to be on vacation?”
“I have to travel alone with my kid. I'll drive. What if s/he fidgets?"
“I am a single mom. I want to go on vacation with my 5-year-old daughter and my friends tell me that I am crazy.”
“We have 2 children who do not stand still for a minute. What kind of vacation should I plan with them?”
“What if my baby gets sick on vacation?”
And a lot of such questions keep passing through the minds of parents, and it never ends...
Actually, it's all about planning. Yes, when we were single, we could plan it the day before and set off the next day without any stress. But things changed when we became parents. In fact, it is still fun. All we have to do is to be organized.
As someone who has been to various countries and cities with my daughter since she was 6 months old, I can say that if you plan, you can collect wonderful memories.
- If you are going to travel by car, prepare beforehand a number of things to keep your child busy. For example, download his/her favorite series from Netflix. Or take his/her favorite books and toys with you.
- Provide him/her a comfortable space in the backseat. Play his/her favorite music during the trip. Talk with him/her. Play different car games…
- And, of course, take his/her favorite snacks with you. But, only a small amount. Even the child with the most resistant stomach can throw up on long trips if s/he eats a lot. So this can be unpleasant for both you and your kid.
- Always keep a bag and cologne in the car in a place where your kid can easily reach for nausea.
- Keep also wet wipes and paper towels which you can easily reach when needed.
- The sun rays coming on children through the window may disturb them more than you think. So do not forget to get sun shades for the windows.
- If you are traveling in the summer, dress your child in thin and cotton clothes.
- Take only a backpack with you so you do not have difficulty in carrying. Give the rest at check-in.
- You may sometimes need to hold your kid or baby. So be careful. Do not forget to take something like baby carriers with you.
- Always have a snack, toy, wet wipes and spare clothes in the bag you take with you.
- Breastfeeding during take-off and landing is a very good way to eliminate ear discomfort in babies. If you are not breastfeeding your baby, then you can also use a pacifier. So do not forget it to take pacifier with you. You can give gum to older children.
- Be cautious about the fact that it might be too hot or cold on the plane. Make sure that the clothing underneath is thin and top is thick so that you can change it according to the situation. Reaction of babies and children to heat is high, which can easily make them restive.
- Be prepared for possible flight delay.
Hotel Vacation with Babies
Boutique hotels are the first ones that come to mind. It was also indispensable for me until my daughter was born. Of course, you can also prefer boutique hotels when you have a baby. But if you want to relax and enjoy a "real vacation" without doing anything and worrying about where to eat or what to cook for your baby that day, then a hotel with UAI concept would be a much better choice. Of course, I'm not talking about those crowded hotels where you wait in the line. Your vacation with baby can turn into your most unforgettable vacation with the right hotel choice.
- If you are planning a vacation with your baby who has not even turned 1 year old yet, then it is above all to choose a facility which you are sure it is clean.
- The second important point is that it should be a facility where you will not have any difficulties in going from one place to another. For example, you should not have to walk for 15 minutes from dinner to the sea. Or you should not have to climb up a long hill to take your baby to the room for an afternoon nap.
- Choose a facility with a sandy beach and a shallow and clean sea.
- Exclude from your list the places with loud activities and parties all day long. Of course there should be fun, but it should be quieter…
- It is also quite important to choose a facility where you can prepare the food of your baby easily, and where foods suitable for him/her and you are easily available 24/7.
- While packing up, make sure that you take fly-repellent, sunscreen and bite creams with you.
- Take also band-aids, thermometer and antipyretic with you, just in case.
- In order to make you feel at ease just in case of a medical problem, it is important that it is a facility where you can easily access the hospital after the first intervention at the hotel.
- If you are a single mom and you are going on a vacation alone with your young kid, you will feel much more at ease if you choose such a hotel.
I recommend you ‘Acanthus Cennet Barut Collection’
Hotel Vacation With Children
The boutique hotel concept remains as a distant dream as our children grow up. Because the children need to have fun, run, join competitions and enjoy in the aquapark.J
- If you have active children, you should absolutely choose a facility with abundant entertainment options, a big aquapark, and a kids club suitable for their age.
- If your children are older than 12, then you should choose a large facility with extreme security so that your child can spend time with his/her peers all day long. So you do not need to worry about him/her either.
- Children do not sleep early. So the hotel should offer entertainment options at night so that the children are not bored. For example, which children would want to sit down and listen to Ebru Gundes at night? If you make choices by taking your children into consideration, the vacation will be great both for you and your children.
- It is also not easy to feed the children… A facility where you do not worry about meal times and where something to eat is available at any time will make it easier for you.
I recommend you ‘Lara Barut Collection’
I hope my recommendations have been helpful to you.
I wish the vacation or vacations you will go on this year will be even more beautiful than your dreams…